Health and Safety
Details of H&S Policy
- Between April 2014 – April 2017 no Lost Time Accidents have been recorded by Sustainable Bright and no RIDDOR reportable accidents or incidents have occurred.
Full Risk Assessment of all aspects
- Sustainable Bright undertake pre-assessments in lieu of formulating detailed risk assessments in support of Method Statements (RAMS) to cover works when working for Clients, once approved all employees and sub-contractors connected to the works are briefed and acknowledge understanding. Our risk assessments are reviewed when work activities change, as is the briefing to all workers and sub-contractors ensuring risks to workers are at an absolute minimum.
Adopting Principals of Prevention
- As Main Contractor Sustainable Bright ensure initial design meetings and site meetings encompass the Principals of Prevention in accordance with the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, this is confirmed within our Method Statements and associated Risk Assessments, examples below:
- Initial designs showed internal roads were close to waterways/ditches, a revised design reduced the risk of ditch collapse and vehicle movement close to waterways.
Evaluating the risks which cannot be avoided;
- Extra road signage was added to the public highway providing warnings on blind spots of approaching traffic when maneuvering on/off site.
- During pre-planning stages all site surveys are reviewed to identify risks that cannot be avoided to allow suitable/extra control measures to be included.
Combating the risks at source;
- Extra safety barriers were introduced on blind spots on site to maintain clear demarcation of site vehicles from workers Adapting the work to the individual, especially as regards the design of workplaces, the choice of work equipment and the choice of working and production methods, with a view, in particular, to alleviating monotonous work and work at a predetermined work-rate and to reducing their effect on health.
- Noise Assessments were regularly carried out, hand tools were inspected prior to use to ensure correct noise and HAVS grading. Workers were regularly rotated to reduce the risk of HAVS.
Adapting to technical progress;
- With the introduction of new control systems, ensuring technical employees and sub-contractors have been trained and Competent to install and operate the proposed equipment.
Replacing the dangerous by the non-dangerous or the less dangerous;
- Approved modifications a moving platform with extra barriers and vehicle restrictors to allow distribution of individual PV Panels within extremely muddy conditions.
Developing a coherent overall prevention policy which covers technology, organisation of work, working conditions, social relationships and the influence of factors relating to the working environment;
- Synchronising the Sustainable Bright Health and Safety Operational Manual with the site Construction Phase Plan to ensure full understanding by Romanian workers or duties and responsibilities.
Giving collective protective measures priority over individual protective measures;
- Approved modifications a moving platform with extra barriers and vehicle restrictors to allow distribution of individual PV Panels within extremely muddy conditions, fully PPE is mandatory by all workers.
Giving appropriate instructions to employees;
- All workers and sub-contractors undertake Induction, are briefed on all Method Statements and associated Risk Assessments (RAMS), Regular Toolbox talks are undertaken.
- All employees are briefed and acknowledge the Sustainable Bright Health and Safety Policy & Operations Manual.